Monday, March 05, 2007

 

TCS - > LSE

After a long time no c situation with my r-a-v-i.blogspot.com, I decided to put in some of my recent thoughts ....

I was reading my previous blogs and they r really funny now.....After the completion of my B.Tech, I had some ideas which I no longer like them very much...I decided to take up a job in TCS and work for 2 years and then go for an MBA in Worlds TOP 50 colleges. A very nice aim to chase up in continuation with the job deal. My B.Tech ended with this resolution. After tht I, with a full swing jumped to take up the corporate opportunity that came over to me in the form of TCS. Nice one, I took it up and landed in Trivandrum. The initial learning programme in TCS was nice, boring and gave me weekends to do real joyous ventures into the scenic kerala. I have been to a good number of places in Kerala. Overall, there was not much of techniocal learning but made nice frens and had lots of nice moments to remember for life :)) After i am done with late aug ilp prg i landed back in hyd with lots of aspirations to make it in TCS. I am a sort of guy who cant stand to a downcasted attitude towards me....so i always end up doing something tht brings recognition/personal satisfaction to me.

My experience in TCS has taught me to take up initiative, know tht things can be achieved with patience and continuous pestering, stratgically identify ppl who can do things, theres no one to stop u and if they r bombard them .......With every day in TCS at P&O project, i have developed an attitude to fight for things and in the processu will be appreciated. This was all nice part a general management perspective learnin stuff. But, what ever it is the pay and work are two main things I did not like here. Ofcourse one can love any work and people feel it a sin to dream of jumping companies for the sake of money. I agree with people jumpin companies for sake of money. Why shld one have a tainted look at guys who shift for better package who do the same crappy work anywhere ?? I have realised tht one cant stay back at a place where u dont find it interesting to work and stay..also frequent comparisons of my parents with good for nothin guys frm us really irritated me at times......but regular international publications and travel has soothened this feelin at times.....but I realised if it is not now, then I might get used and will have to stick here....it is now or never kinda.....this situation motivated me to make a move......well fine decided to make it but where to head? I started preparing for the gmat. I worked up a fair and feasible plan to get into some university for a management career...i have researched abt various colleges in canada, europe and us. heheh ..... I guess I can start a consultancy on overseas education for any country and any branch..... My preparation took many turns, with luckily writing TOEFL before the pattern change stuff, then I started to look at colleges which can be got using sole TOEFL score. I as a back up applied to Univesity of Edinburgh, Manchster Informatics ( Business) school and Swiss Federal Institute of Technology which I got unconditional offers from all. These are all very good universities which come in top 50 globally. I thought it is nice to join these colleges and put them as a backup for my further runnin gmat preparation with idea of doin a management study in global top 50 univs. I feel that I just wanted the brand name for what the heck it takes....

One fine day, I was reading abt london school of economics. The management in inforamtion systems course struck to me as something what I should be doing. This way I can use my Computer Science back ground and experience in IT to study for a management career. LSE is global 2nd and comes next only to Harvard in socio/economic/management courses. So I was in no way sure of gettin it but just wanted to put in my papers for it. So I started writing my Statement of purpose which is one thing which I feel is the best writing I had ever made. I did a great deal of soul searching and wrote it to my truest extent. I jorted down all the achievement, projects, papers etc. I contacted a guy frm Harvard presently working in World Bank in this regard. He advised me to be true to myself. He said if you try to customize your profile which many people do it, u end up putting a very common and insipid and bland statement. This is one advice I thank him for my life. I strictly wrote a story of my own without least intervention frm other influences. I could identify a thin line of flow which has been happening in my life. This has gone unnoticed over. But I could catch it and I wrote a reasonable good draft. My dad and my bro reviewed it. Then I left it for a week or so and later i gave it a reading and felt it has to be improved atleast another 1000th level. So I regularly improved it with my dad and bro reviewing the stuff. I dont know why I really put in this much effort into this lse process. I parallelly got my recommendation letters from my professors PK Reddy and Govindarajulu. I have all the required papers, scores and others and applied to lse - admis course offered by Department of Management. I always thought that gettin into top 10, haa...u need to be like an einstein?? But in the first week of January, I had to change my opinion. I am no einstein but was offered place at London School of Economics and Political Science...."ofcourse einsteins are not offered place in LSE" (LSE). I was also told - "Because of high standard of your application and academic experience to date, you are eligible to apply for one of the limited awards from the Graduate Support Scheme". Man this statement from a school like LSE invigorated my spirits.
Now I am heading to LSE with the sole idea of making it to World bank or UNO.

Comments:
Congratulations Ravi !
 
welcome to the UK!! You ll surely hav fun ;)
 
naalli.. congrats again :D !!
 
Congrats man! That's inspiring stuff for your juniors.
 
Congrats Ravi ...
 
thanx dudes....but still i am in confusion :)
 
I was collecting more info on ILP, so I come across ur experience and you have put ur experience very beautiful, even I have taken printouts of 4 chapters and given to my brother.

So you may be working at Project Manager Level.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?